The basis for a feature film starring David Bowie in his first major role, The Man Who Fell to Earth tells the story of Thomas Jerome Newton, an alien disguised as a human who comes to Earth on a mission to save his people. Devastated by nuclear war, his home planet, Anthea, is no longer habitable. Newton lands in Kentucky and starts patenting Anthean technology, amassing the fortune he needs to build a spaceship that will bring the last 300 Anthean survivors to Earth.
But instead of the help he seeks, he finds only self-destruction, sinking into alcoholism, abandoning his spaceship, and can save neither his people nor himself. This is the poignant story of a man fallen to addiction, materialism, and loneliness.
- Buy two select TV seasons on Blu-ray or DVD, get a $10 gift card | Target
- Monty Python and the Holy Grail ($10) | Amazon
- Demon King Daimao Complete Collection ($35) | Amazon
- The Fugitive (20th Anniversary Edition) ($7) | Amazon
- Colombiana ($10) | Amazon
- Where the Wild Things Are ($5) | Amazon
- Camp Nowhere ($5) | Amazon
- Daria: The Complete Animated Series [DVD] ($13) | Amazon
- Frozen Sing Along Edition [DVD] ($10) | Amazon
- Comic Book Collector's Set (The Punisher/The Crow/Kick Ass/Sin City/The Spirit) ($13) | Amazon
- Hop on Pop Dr. Seuss ($5) [hardcover] | Amazon
- Green Eggs and Ham Dr. Seuss [hardcover] ($5) | Amazon
- Eggplant Alley [Kindle] ($3) | Amazon
- The Man Who Fell to Earth [Kindle] ($2) | Amazon
- The Rise (The Originals Series #1) ($3) | B&N
- Tennessee Williams: Mad Pilgrimage of the Flesh [audiobook] ($6) | Audible
Commerce covers the best products on Kinja Gear, finds you deals on those products on Kinja Deals, and asks you about your favorites on Kinja Co-Op, click here to learn more. We operate independently of Editorial and Advertising, and if you buy something through our posts, we may get a small share of the sale. We want your feedback.