Top Tech Deals
AirPods aren’t the only headphones with Apple’s impressive—hell, magical—W1 chip for easy pairing and switching between devices; they added it to the latest line of Beats headphones as well, and all three models are cheaper than ever right now.
The entry-level BeatsX are $30 off, the fitness-friendly PowerBeats3 are $20 less than usual, and Solo3 on-ears (40 hour battery and all) are discounted by a whopping $60. No matter which model you choose, they’ll pair to your iPhone without any fuss, and automatically work with all of your other iCloud-connected iPads and Macs as well. It sounds like a little thing, but as a satisfied owner of AirPods, I can tell you that not having to futz with the Bluetooth settings menu makes a massive difference.
$60 gets you a PowerPort 4 wall charger (currently $26), a PowerCore+ 10000 battery pack (currently $30), a PowerLine+ microUSB cable (currently $10), a PowerLine+ Lightning cable (currently $15), and a carrying case (priceless). Not Just the charging products alone would cost $81 purchased separately, so you’re saving over 25%, and getting a nice little tech dopp kit to boot.
Ringke’s hosting another $4 phone case sale for the Galaxy S8, LG G6, and iPhone 7, and you can check out all of the options and promo codes here.
If you still haven’t tried out a home theater bias light, there’s never been a better time to pick one up. Vansky’s LED bias light strips plug directly into your TV’s USB port for power, and stick to the back of the set via built-in adhesive. Once you turn your TV on, the LEDs cast a soft glow on the wall behind them, which can reduce eyestrain when watching in the dark, and improve your TV’s perceived black levels.
Our readers have bought thousands of the 35.4" models, but now, you can opt for 80" strips for just a few bucks more. Rather than just stretching them across the top of your TV set, these can wrap all the way around, resulting in a fuller halo of light on the wall behind. You can also cut them to length, if 80" is a little too long.
Whether you like to sing in the shower, or want to catch up on podcasts by the pool, this water resistant Bluetooth speaker features IPX7 water resistance, so it can survive a full dunking.
Your favorite USB car charger just happens to be the smallest one you can buy, and you can grab it on Amazon for $7 today with code AUKECAR7. That’s about as cheap as it ever gets, so pick one up if it’s been on your wish list.
The SoundBuds were my go-to Bluetooth earbuds until I got a pair of AirPods, and the SoundCore in particular is notable for its impressive bass and 24 hour battery life.
eBay’s 20% electronics sale covers a ton of products, but the best deal we’ve seen is on a refurbished GoPro Hero5 Black.
Considering the HERO4 Black sold for $500 when it launched, and the similarly specced HERO5 retails for $400, $203 is an insanely good deal deal. Yes, it’s a refurb, but you still a full 1 year warranty from GoPro, so I wouldn’t worry about that too much. Just remember to pay with PayPal, and use promo code PSHOPTECH417 to get the deal.
One day, we might get representatives in Washington that value their constituents’ privacy over corporate profits, but until then, it’s as good a time as any to sign up for a VPN service. Luckily, it costs less per month than a typical trip to Starbucks.
NordVPN has long been one of the most popular and reliable VPN providers out there, and if you sign up for a one-year membership, promo code VIP70 will drop your annual price from $69 to $48. If you’re sure you want to commit, use this link instead to get a special two year plan for $72 with code 2YSpecial2017. Lifehacker has recommended Nord in some previous guides, but if you have any firsthand experience with the service, sound off in the comments!
News flash: 8TB external drives exist, and you can get one for $180. This model from Seagate even includes a pair of USB ports on the front, which let you plug in another hard drive if you want, or just recharge your phone at work.
Our readers recently named Anker PowerPort as their favorite line of USB charging hubs, and the PowerPort Speed 5 is on sale for $25 today, one of the best prices we’ve ever seen. This particular model includes a Quick Charge 3.0 port to juice up compatible Android devices up to 80% faster.
Need a lot of extra storage for your Nintendo Switch or action cam? The advent of 200GB+ cards means that 128GB cards, which until relatively recently sold in the $60-$80 range, are finally inching towards affordability.
Top Home Deals
We’ve all had to throw away leftovers or cuts of meat and cheese that spent a little too much time in the fridge or freezer, but vacuum sealing your foods can keep them safe from freezer burn pretty much indefinitely, and dramatically extend their shelf life everywhere else.
It sounds like an expensive proposition, but today only, Amazon’s selling the well-reviewed FoodSaver Starter Kit for just $56, complete with everything you need to get started. Of course you can use this to store meats in the freezer for a long time, but it can also keep cheese from molding, lettuce from wilting, or cookies from going stale, just to name a few examples. Think about how much food you throw away, and you’ll get a sense of just how quickly this purchase could pay for itself.
All you have to do is add two to your cart, and use that code to save $11. If you aren’t familiar, these stick anywhere via an included adhesive magnetic strip, and sense both ambient light and motion to turn on when you need them, and save power when you don’t.
Just note that this model runs on AAA batteries, so we recommend picking up some rechargeables if you don’t already have them.
We see a lot of deals on solar-powered motion-sensing outdoor spotlights, but I don’t think we’ve ever seen a 2-pack for under $10. This isn’t a brand we post very often, but it seems basically identical to similar lights we’ve seen.
Vantrue’s popular dash cams are back on sale, and this time around, you get to choose from three different models.
The ever-popular Vantrue N1 includes esessential features like 1080p recording, motion-detecting parking mode, and a G-sensor to save your data after a collision, and $53 is the best price we’ve ever seen.
For $27 more, you can upgrade to the Vantrue X1, which features a wider field of view (170 degrees vs. 153) and a larger LCD display.
Or you can splurge on the Vantrue X2 for $106, which gets you either 1080p/60 recording (giving you twice as many frames to get a clear shot of someone’s license plate), or 2560x1440 recording at 30 FPS.
Sometimes, a normal water bottle just isn’t enough. This vacuum-insulated vessel from RTIC holds 64 ounces of your favorite fluid, be it water, coffee, or beer from your local tap house, and keeps it cold for up to 24 hours, or hot for six.
I own RTIC can koozies and a tumbler, and their temperature regulation is nothing short of magical, so the bigger the better, as far as I’m concerned. $18 is within $1 of an all-time low price, so grab yours before this deal runs dry.
Not only is the new WeMo Mini Smart Plug smaller than the top-selling original so as to only cover one outlet, it’s also cheaper. You’ll almost always see it available for $35, but today on Amazon, it’s knocked down to $30.
Despite its diminutive size, this includes all the same features as the full-sized WeMo Switch, including IFTTT support, Alexa compatibility, and an Away mode that will randomize your lights to deter ne’er-do-wells.
If you’ve ever eaten at a nice steakhouse, you were probably eating sous-vide meat. Here’s a secret though: It’s really easy to get those kinds of results yourself, and MassDrop here to help with a $140 deal on the newest Wi-Fi version of Anova’s top-selling immersion circulator.
Lifehacker has a great explainer on Sous-Vide cooking for you to check out, but the basic idea is that you seal the food in plastic bags, and then cook it in precisely heated water over a longer period of time. It sounds weird and kind of sterile, but the result is meat that’s cooked to the exact right temperature all the way through.
Amazon had this same model for $1 more a couple weeks ago, and it sold out almost instantly, so this is a great second chance if you missed out.
Life’s too short to vacuum every other day, but luckily, you can pawn that tedious chore off to a Roomba, and the entry level 650 model is marked down to $300 today on Amazon, which is the best price we’ve seen outside of last year’s $274 holiday promotion.
I have the similar Roomba 770, and while it does require a bit of babysitting from time to time, I hardly ever manually vacuum anymore, and yet the floors always feel clean, even with two pets.
You all have undoubtedly seen (and probably purchased) these magnetic smartphone vent mounts by now, but why buy a 2-pack? My advice: Keep one in your car, and one in your luggage, because these are awesome for rental cars, and also work as handy phone stands on airplane tray tables if you want to watch a movie.
Zippo lighters great for fidgeting as well as lighting things on fire, and this simple chrome model is down to its lowest price of the year.
Don’t forget the lighter fluid, if you need it.
Top Lifestyle Deals
Oh, it’s the most wonderful time of the year. VIB Rouge members at Sephora get 15% off all their purchases with the code ROUGESPRING. The only “major” exclusions are on PLAY memberships and customizable sets, but that’s not what you’ll use the discount on anyway, right?
This $20 shiatsu massage pillow includes four rotating massage nodes and infrared heating to knead your aching muscles. It even comes with a car adapter to ease tension during long road trips, or just on your commute home after a tough day in the office.
This $14 OXA canvas backpack will protect your laptop, but won’t make you look like a large child. With nine pockets, including an inner laptop compartment, it’ll make your commute that much easier.
There must be something in the air, because J.Crew Factory has had major discounts lately. Use the code SUGARRUSH and take an extra 50% off all clearance items, plus free shipping, which is insane seeing as practically everything is already marked down under $100. Maybe hold off on spring cleaning until after this sale is over.
Amazon’s back at it again with the sample box deals. This time around, $10 gets you 8+ protein products, plus a $10 credit on your next protein purchase from Amazon. If you were going to buy any of these products anyway, then this is a no-brainer.
I made the mistake of leaving my sunglasses at my apartment yesterday as I traveled to my parent’s house for Easter and I immediately regretted not keeping a spare in my bag. Don’t do what I did and pick up a couple extra pairs of sunglasses from Sunglass Warehouse’s 30% off sale. Use the code LOST30 at checkout.
~$5 per pair is about as cheap as you’ll ever see good (i.e. not cotton) boxer briefs, so stock up.
Top Media Deals
The following deal takes place between 12 AM PDT, and 11:59 PM PDT:
Today only, you can own every season of 24 (not including this year’s reboot) for just $60, an all-time low. Just note that they’re DVDs, not Blu-rays. Dammit!
The Force Awakens has been basically immune to discounts since it came out on Blu-ray last year, but if last week’s The Last Jedi trailer release made you want to rewatch it, $18 is a solid price for the Blu-ray/digital combo.
Top Gaming Deals
You can actually buy a Nintendo Switch right now (shipping in early May, though) without paying a crazy markup, but the catch is that you’ll have to buy some games and accessories upfront to go with it.
While supplies last (which, let’s be honest, won’t be long), $500 gets you a Switch in either gray or neon, Breath of the Wild, the Breath of the Wild expansion pass, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, and a 128GB microSD card to store your games.
The games alone would set you back $140 (not accounting for Mario Kart’s 20% Prime preorder discount), and the microSD card usually costs around $40 (though you can get a slower one for $33 right now), so you’re still paying a little bit of a premium. But if we’re being honest, you were going to buy those games and accessories regardless, so this sure beats eBay pricing if you want to Switch in your hands by early May.
It ships from China with a delivery window that encompasses most of May, but here’s your chance to get one of those addictive fidget spinner toys for just $2.
Tokaido always seems to be included whenever Amazon runs a wide-ranging board game sale, but today, it’s on sale all by its lonesome.
From Board Game Geek:
In Tokaido, each player is a traveler crossing the “East sea road”, one of the most magnificent roads of Japan. While traveling, you will meet people, taste fine meals, collect beautiful items, discover great panoramas, and visit temples and wild places but at the end of the day, when everyone has arrived at the end of the road you’ll have to be the most initiated traveler – which means that you’ll have to be the one who discovered the most interesting and varied things.
Humble’s newest bundle is just for Android owners, with up to eight DRM-free mobile games included. You’ll need to pay $6 to get all of the games, but you’ll get Grim Fandango Remastered and Machinarium regardless of how much you pay, and even the excellent Her Story is bundled with the $4 middle tier.
Prime members can preorder and save 20% on Mario Kart 8 Deluxe for their Nintendo Switch, which isn’t unusual (that benefit applies to all preorder and new release games), but if recent history is any indication, they could very well sell out of copies prior to launch. As always, you won’t see the discount until checkout.
- SanDisk 128 GB micro SD Memory Card | $33 | Amazon
- SanDisk Cruzer Glide 128GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive | $24 | Best Buy
- ORICO Tool-free 2.5 inch USB 3.0 to SATA III Hard Drive Enclosure for 9.5mm & 7mm SATA HDD and SSD | $7 | Amazon | Use code U97L64S3
- CyberPowerPC 1000VA Battery Back-Up System | $90 | Best Buy
- Insignia 3.6A USB Charger Wall Outlet | $17 | Best Buy
- Inateck USB C Cable to USB 3.0 Cable | $5 | Amazon | Use code 6BKNL8PA
- BESTEK 6-Outlet Power Strip Surge Protector with 6-Foot Power Cord, 200 Joule, ETL Listed | $7 | Amazon | Use code OVP43SP6
- BESTEK 2-Outlet Travel Power Strip with 4.2A Dual Smart USB Charging Ports | $9 | Amazon | Use code 9X8XOBOI
- RAVPower External Battery Pack 16750mAh 4.5A Dual USB Output External Phone Charger Battery Bank Power Bank | $23 | Amazon | Use code RAV16750
- Audio Technica AT-LP60 Fully Automatic Stereo Turntable System | $79 | Amazon
- Powerbeats3 Wireless In-Ear Headphones - Black | $130 | Amazon
- SoundPEATS Wired In-Ear Headphones | $8 | Amazon | Use Code M6BC73ZA
- AOMAIS Waterproof IPX7 Floating Bluetooth Speaker | $16 | Amazon | Use code AOMAISF3
- AUKEY Bluetooth 4.1 Audio Transmitter & Receiver with aptX | $22 | Amazon | Use code AUKBRC14
- SoundPEATS Bluetooth Earbuds Wireless 4.1 Magnetic Headphones Stereo Earphones with Mic, Secure Fit for Sports - Red | $18 | Amazon | Use code 48UGV6F8
- Vansky Bias Lighting | $11 | Amazon | Use code CCT8XE05
- Vansky RGB Bias Lighting | $13 | Amazon | Use code CCT8XE05
- Vansky 80 Inch RGB Bias Lighting | $16 | Amazon | Use code WOA5L6NA
- Vansky 80 Inch Bias Lighting | $13 | Amazon | Use code WOA5L6NA
Computers & Accessories
- Samsung Notebook 7 Spin 2-in-1 13.3" Touch-Screen Laptop - Intel Core i5, 12GB, 1TB | $600 | Best Buy
- [2-in-1] Inateck 3 Ports USB 3.0 Hub and RJ45 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet Hub | $15 | Amazon | Use code 4K4WCE5C
- Logitech M325 Wireless Optical Mouse | $10 | Best Buy
- Logitech M310 Wireless Optical Mouse | $10 | Best Buy
- PNY GeForce GTX 1070 DirectX 12 8GB 256-Bit GDDR5 Video Card | $340 | eBay
- Refurb Hot Deals : REFURBISHED Radeon RX 480 Overclocked 8GB GDDR5 Rear Blower 4M (3x DP, HDMI) | $170 | Visiontek
- In Win Midtower Case (303 BLACK) | $60 | Amazon
- Motorola Moto G Plus (4th Generation) 4G LTE with 16GB Memory Cell Phone (Unlocked) | $160 | Best Buy
- iPhone 7 Plus Case [5.5 inch] | $5 | Amazon | Use code N7SGNF92
- iPhone 7 Plus Case 5.5 inch [3 Pack] | $9 | Amazon | Use code KC4LOFEF
- iPhone 7 Plus Case Removable Slider Design | $6 | Amazon | Use code BBWOU5AC
- iPhone 7 Plus Case Bumper Carbon Fiber Design | $5 | Amazon | Use code IMAYMFFK
- iClever Folding Bluetooth Keyboard | $27 | Amazon | Use code FBHOT6Y4
- Lux Products TX9600TS Universal 7-Day Programmable Touch Screen Thermostat | $42 | Amazon
- Yazer Wool Dryer Balls, 10 - Pieces, White | $12 | Amazon | Use code QQQAAA11
- (2-pack) OxyLED OxySense T-02 DIY Stick-on Anywhere Portable 10-LED Wireless Motion Sensing Cabinet Light | $15 | Amazon | Use code KINJAOXY
- Family Finder DNA Ancestry Test from Family Tree DNA | $56 | Groupon
- WisHome Waterproof Battery Operated Remote Controlled Submersible LED Lights RGB Color, Pack of 2 | $11 | Amazon | Use Code YOK3YHIN
- Withings Thermo - Smart Thouchless Body Temperature Thermometer | $70 | Amazon
- OXA 6 Set Packing Cubes | $13 | amazon | Use code 3F6EVRY9
- Generac 6000 LP3250 3,250 Watt LP Liquid Propane Portable Power Generator | $400 | eBay
- 2-Pack Solar Motion LED Lights | $9 | Amazon | Use code VK7FNKCB
- FoodSaver V2244 Vacuum Sealing System with Starter Kit | $56 | Amazon
- SimpleTaste Battery-Powered Milk Frother | $8 | Amazon | Use Code LJPCBAGO
- BLACK+DECKER GD2011B Family Sized Electric Griddle, 20 x 11-Inch, Black | $15 | Amazon
- Cymas French Press Coffee Maker, 34oz 8 Cups Coffee Tea Press Pot with Stainless Steel | $10 | Amazon | Use code NFUOBOZX
Tools & Auto
- AUKEY Jump Starter with 400A Peak Current & 12000mAh Portable Charger | $35 | Amazon | Use Code X9W6CM69
- AUKEY Bluetooth Receiver with 3 Port USB Car Charger | $17 | Amazon | Use code AUKEYBT8
- VANTRUE Upgraded N1 mini dash cam 1080 Full HD | $49 | Amazon | Use code 5L7QX4K3