It’s nearly June, which means it’s time to stock up on beach gear, and I can’t endorse the Sport-Brella Beach Umbrella highly enough. I bought this thing for about $55 last summer, but today only, Amazon’s selling them for just $36.
Unlike a traditional umbrella, this model digs into the sand with a series of stakes to provide a full canopy shelter that’s big enough for two chairs and a cooler. Once you figure out how to set it up, it only takes about 5-10 minutes, and you’ll feel like beach royalty for the rest of the day in your private oasis of shade.
Today’s price is the lowest Amazon’s ever offered, and you get to choose between blue and red. It is a Gold Box deal though, meaning the price is only available today, or until sold out. [Sport-Brella, $36]
Yeah this was bound to happen. 8 fast USB outlets. $32.
Best ever prices on some of the best Micro SDHC cards around.
Today’s Gold Box deal is the 24-Ounce Contigo Cortland Water Bottle, discounted to just $9. The Cortland is dishwasher safe, BPA-free, and fits in most cupholders. The Cortland is usable with one hand, with a drinking spout that “autoseals” between sips, and also features a carry clip on the handle. [Contigo Cortland, $9]
Here are some more great recommendations, in case the Cortland isn’t the right bottle for you:
Not plastic, and insulated...
The Hydroflask took third place in the voting. Stainless steel, attractive, and sporting a wide variety of sizes, colors, and lids. It’ll keep your cold drinks very cold and your hot drinks very hot.
If you don’t want plastic or stainless steel...
Many readers were not convinced of the safety of BPA-free plastic and are sensitive to the taste stainless steel can add to water. The Lifefactory was the most enthusiastically recommended glass bottle in our comments, and is also the water bottle I use at the office.
Our promotions team (not part of Commerce) is current running a deal with WavesGear on their 34oz Forever Cold stainless steel insulted water bottle.
For coffee or tea...
For cleaning your bottles...
We recommended the Oxo Good Grips Water Bottle Cleaning Set to clean your Travel Mugs, and are doing the same here.
Use promo code ANOVAONE to get the Anova Sous-Vide Immersion Circulator for $99. That’s not only the cheapest this model has gone for but the cheapest Sous-Vide circulator we’ve ever seen. [Anova Sous-Vide Immersion Circulator, $99 with code ANOVAONE]
Pair it with the the FoodSaver V2244 Vacuum Sealing System.
Lifehacker has a great explainer on Sous-Vide cooking for you to check out, but the basic idea is that you seal the food in plastic bags, and then cook it in hot water over a longer period of time. Here are some advantages to this process from Lifehacker’s guide:
- Cooking sous-vide results in evenly-cooked meat and fish.
- Cooking sous-vide gives you specific control over the final temperature of the meat, avoiding overdone, dried-out food.
- You can hold foods cooked sous-vide at their specified temperature for long periods of time without damaging the texture or quality of the dish, making it an ideal cooking method for holiday dinners or meals with multiple components and side-dishes.
- Bacterial or other contamination is largely not an issue with sous-vide cooking. While you may be cooking up to minimum safe temperatures, the length of time you’re holding the food at its safe temperature will pasteurize your meat and ensure the safety of your food, meaning “safe” meat doesn’t have to equal “dry” or “not pink” meat any longer. Still, keep your meat thermometer handy, and test before serving. Remember, sous-vide lets you hold food at temp for long periods without diminishing the quality of the food, so if it’s undercooked, you can seal the bag and put it back in.
- Sous-vide cooking is by nature a repeatable process. Set the temperature, set the timer, and walk away. You will wind up with perfectly cooked food every time you do it.
I’ve been using this Anova since April 2014, and really can’t recommend it enough. It’s like the Aeropress of meat cooking methods.
We’ve seen our fair share of cheap Bluetooth ear buds, but how about on-ears? Mpow’s Muze headphones are wireless, foldable, well-reviewed, and even noise-canceling. That’s a hell of a package for $54. Remember that if you’re getting an Apple Watch or Android Wear watch any time in the near future, you’ll need Bluetooth headphones to listen to music from the device. [Mpow Muze Superb Stereo Sound Bluetooth 4.0 Wireless Headset, $54 with code 9G2PKHDV]
Heat and texture milk with this discounted $25 milk frother. Use code S9UWEQE4 to get the deal.
Check out the rest of today’s best deals:
- Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 3020 3D 3LCD Projector ($1200) | Best Buy
- refurb YAMAHA RX-V775BT 7.2-Channel Receiver ($350) | Newegg
- Intel 530 Series 240GB Solid State Drive ($130) | Best Buy
- Fujifilm X-M1 Compact System 16MP Digital Camera Kit with 16-50mm Lens ($400) | Amazon
- Hoover TwinTank Steam Mop ($48) | Home Depot
- Mpow Streambot Y Wireless Bluetooth FM Transmitter ($30) | Amazon | Use code FHLFTN9J
- Take an insane 40% off Batman: Arkham Knight for PC with code BATMAN-ARKHAM-SAVE40. Discount also applies to the premium edition. You need to be signed up for GMG e-mails for this to work.
- Smash Bros. ($49) | Amazon
- Mario Kart 8 ($50) | Amazon
- Monster Hunter 4: Ultimate ($21) | Target
- Mortal Kombat X [PS4] ($38) | eBay
- Sunset Overdrive ($25) | Amazon
- Evolve [Xbox One] ($25) | Amazon
- World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor Expansion ($30) | Amazon
- refurb Logitech G930 Wireless Gaming Headset ($50) | Newegg | Use code EMCASPK24
Commerce covers the best products on Kinja Gear, finds you deals on those products on Kinja Deals, and asks you about your favorites on Kinja Co-Op, click here to learn more. We operate independently of Editorial and Advertising, and if you buy something through our posts, we may get a small share of the sale. We want your feedback.
Send deal submissions to Deals@Gawker and all other inquiries to Shane@Gawker