iFixit, the people that rip apart brand new electronics
for your amusement to show you how to fix them, makes its own toolkit, and you can get it for $15 today.
Update: It’s sold out on Amazon, but you can get it for the same price at iFixit’s store, though you’ll have to pay shipping.
Here’s what that gets you:
- 26 Bit Driver Kit - see complete list of bits below
- 2x Plastic Opening Tool Sets - soft plastic prying tools
- Small Suction Cup - suction cup for holding onto things lacking handles
- Plastic Spudger - handy ESD-safe tool for poking, prying, and opening
- iFixit Metal Ruler - steel ruler for easily measuring parts
- Anti-Static Wrist Strap - protect components and yourself from ESD
- 6x iFixit Opening Picks - use for prying, sliding, separating and air guitaring
- iFixit Tool Pouch - hold everything together in a sturdy zippered pouch
Just don’t go voiding your warranties unless you know what you’re doing.
Commerce Content is independent of Editorial and Advertising, and if you buy something through our posts, we may get a small share of the sale. Click here to learn more, and don’t forget to sign up for our email newsletter. We want your feedback.